“Partnerships with parents are very strong, which support continuity of children’s care routines, learning and development.” (Ofsted 2013)
Our nursery recognises parents as the first and most important educators of their children. All of the staff see themselves as partners in providing care and education for your child. There are many ways in which parents can take part and help us to work in partnership with them, such as:
* Exchanging information about their children’s needs, activities, interest an progress with staff;
* Sharing their own special interests with the children;
* Taking part in events and informal discussions about the activities and curriculum;
* Joining in community activities in which the nursery takes part, i.e. sponsored walks;
* Monthly blog of photos showing how much fun your child has been having at nursery
* Monthly newsletter – giving dates for your diary and updating parents with our monthly themes and topics
* Parents Association – we have a wonderful, dedicated hard working fund raising committee, who organise Quiz Nights, Fairs and Fundays.
We have a committed Parents Association who join together with our sister nursery, StepStones Day Nursery, to organise fundraising and social events throughout the year. Their efforts and support are very much appreciated, in August we held a very successful Family Funday and celebrated our leavers with a lovely graduation ceremony – everyone had a fabulous day too!
Throughout the year we take part in external charity events such as Barnados and Children in Need, as well as organising quiz evenings, a Christmas fair and a variety of other social events.